Everyone has gone through this: You just got hundreds and hundreds of new KWs which are supposed to be allocated into ad groups. You can do it either manually. Or as always… you can use some Power Query magic to help you out.
Watch this 2 minute video about how easy it can get:
The basic steps are:
- You drop your KW list to “KWs To Classify” tab in the Google Sheets doc.
- You adjust the “Classification Table” tab the Google Sheets doc. The logic is simple: If a KWs contains XYZ then assign category ABC. You can also check for two words – in that case, use “AND” in the “String To Look For” column. You can check for 2 words max in this version.
- You open the Excel file and refresh the table.
- Power Query will then go and grab the KWs and classify them based on the Classification Table.
Input sheet is here (it is linked to the Excel file below):
Power Query Excel Classification tool is here:
https://goo.gl/xE5Z5D (you need to download it and run it on your PC)
Thx for reading!
Do you want to learn how to do Power Query magic? Drop comments & contact details into the section below!
Getting Power Query for Excel:
- Power Query for Excel 2013 is here.
- Power Query for Excel 2016 is built-in under Data>Get & Transform