Ever tried to build a massive KW list consisting of thousands and thousands of KWs by copying and pasting? Not fun, right?!
There might a better way to do it. As you can see in the video below, it is relatively easy to build a custom refreshable & expandable KW generator in Excel which avoids tiring and error producing operations. It takes less than 10 minutes. No jokes.
The basic steps are:
- Define your KW groups in a spreadsheet (=keywords which are somehow similar OR somehow suitable for being in the same combination group)
- Create referenced queries which separate the KW groups
- Combine the KW groups as you wish in Power Query (details in the video)
- Append all the combination queries into 1 “master query”
- Export the sheet or continue to build campaign as next query steps
- You should create a naming convention for queries during the process, it makes the work a lot easier.
- It is also good to spot check few random KWs if they make sense before you upload to AdWords
- Keep a close eye on the campaigns once launched. Some KWs will be definitively driving unwanted traffic, especially when you create 100 000+ KWs. You simply cannot check them all before the launch.
Do you want to learn how to do Power Query magic? Drop comments & contact details into the section below!
Getting Power Query for Excel:
- Power Query for Excel 2013 is here.
- Power Query for Excel 2016 is built-in under Data>Get & Transform
***Do you like our content? You can also support this blog by donating few $$$ :)***